Another Unplanned Series of Adventures

Here I sit in SFO, waiting for my flight out to Palm Springs, and it's Friday night.  I'm getting quite familiar with SFO, I think I fly in and out of here as much as I do Portland.  I was supposed to be gone at 5pm...but, the flight is delayed and may be delayed even more.  I may have to rethink coming in and out of here so often.  

I have my computer, so I decided to upload photos and do another blog post.  Why not, as the adventure continues.  Ben and I left San Bruno yesterday and drove out to Monterey.  We spent the afternoon wandering around the bay, taking random photos of seals, sea lions, pelicans and perusing the restaurants on the Pier for lunch.

Every single restaurant will offered us a sample of clam chowder.  Finally we settled on Crab Louie's and had lunch.  After lunch I got cotton candy and salt water taffy.  We walked over to get a closer look at a pile of seals and a few sea lions lounging on a raft near the pier.  

Ben took me on a scenic drive through Pacific Grove, and over to Asilomar State Park.  The sunset was gorgeous!  Of course we took lots of selfies, and lots of shots of the sun setting.  Beautiful afternoon!


For dinner we went to Crabby Jim's, back on the Pier.  I had Bacon Wrapped Stuffed Sole, and it was very good.  By that time, all the traveling and jet lag caught up to me.  I was passed out and sound asleep by 9pm.  

This morning we had breakfast at LouLou's Griddle in the Middle, out on the Municipal Wharf.  What did we have?  What else, but a seafood omelette.  An adorable little yellow and red diner.  Food was served lightning fast and very tasty.  I found out my flight was delayed, and kept getting delayed.  We decided to visit the National Steinbeck Center in Salinas.


I learned so much about the author, which I had not known before.  Watched a great short film about his biography, and wandered around looking at all the exhibits.  There is a lot to take in!  The docent at the museum recommended we go to John Steinbeck's house for lunch, and so we did.  Completely staffed by volunteers, we had a delicious lunch.  It was cool sitting in the place John Steinbeck had lived. 

We went down to the gift store, and I brought home a few books of Steinbeck's.  The coolest thing is that one of the guys embossed the books we had bought, proving they came from Steinbeck House.  So cool!

The drive back to SF was rainy and grey.  My flight to Palm Springs was now delayed for 3 hours, due to some kind of grounding.  I'm hoping I'll actually get out of here by 8pm.  The good thing is that the flight is only about 90 minutes, once we take off.  I am so ready to be settled in to the last leg of this journey.